Senior Krav Maga Instructor Mark Edwards will be running a combatives workshop in Taunton on the 8TH July. The workshop is open to Kravists and the general public. You do not have to be a BKMA member to attend but you should have some striking experience and some of your own equipment. The skills covered are generic and will transfer to martial arts/combat sports.
Knowing how to throw a punch properly with added power is an important self defence skill. Not only will we show you how to punch harder, but we’ll explain how to punch correctly, maintain balance and position yourself to set up your next punch or to move away and escape. During the workshop you’ll train combinations and focus on developing power and fluidity. There will be co-operative training drills but no heavy sparring involved.
During the Workshop We will be covering:
- How to increase your striking power by 20% to 50%
- The 4 Rs of striking with power
- Perfecting the ideal striking style for your body type
- Weight distribution and transfer
- Maximising transfer of power through your hips
- MMA and Boxing combinations
- Aggression drills
All candidates will need:
Food and Fluids for up to 4 hours high-intensity training.
All trainees must have their ow
- Boxing Gloves (12oz or more)
- Gum Shield
- Groin Guard (both genders)