This 3 Day Skill Update Course is open to British Krav Maga certified Instructors and Affiliate Instructors. The weekend will focus on the practice and delivery of the ground curricula moving on to teaching and implementing. Each day starts from the scratch review, updating and introducing any teaching updates.
Instructors can attend individual days or block book. Instructors wanting to grade must attend all 3 days.
Day 1 Course Contents and Curricula updates* For those wishing to grade*
- Review P1-P3 with technical review update
- Group coaching and video session of techniques and performance
- Edged weapons review
- Baton and impact weapons review
- Chokes and releases review
Day 2 Course Contents
- Review Fall breaks/ Transitions standing and to the ground movement and combatives
- Positional hierarchy, fighting from the guard. Reversals from guard.
- Fighting from under the mount, in the mount, reversals, position retention and quick finishes
- Sidemount, working from side mount, reversing side mount
- Tying it all together – teaching activities – drills and skills
- Pressure testing and review
- Gradings: How to conduct, structure and assess gradings
- Grading practice sessions structure and assessment
- Coaching review of sticking points Qand A
- Instructor Assessment (of those grading) and pressure testing