Instructor Course Requirements
Krav Maga Instructor Certification – Course Requirements
Our remit was simple. Rewrite the standards. The BKMA introduced the first truly professional Krav Maga Instructor course to the UK.
Licensed Krav Maga Instructor – Course Requirements
Our objective is to train the highest possible standard of instructor – not just fill places on an instructor course. We are more interested in aptitude, attitude and motivation than specific criteria but generally we require:
1. A long term commitment to both training and teaching.
2. At least 3 years consistent training in a martial art (preferably boxing, mauy thai, kick boxing or MMA although other systems are acceptable)
3. No criminal record. An enhanced CRB check is required. (allowances are made for old or minor issues)
4. An approachable personality and ability to establish rapport with students.
5. The ability to pass the BKMA Combat Fitness test (Allowances are made for age or injuries)
Protecting the Community
All applicants are vetted as they may work unsupervised teaching vulnerable individuals. The BKMA has an exemption from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. We require a full enhanced disclosure from every applicant.
Allowances are made for minor or old issues.
Typically applicants will have Brown Belt or above. We will consider applications from Military or Police applicants without formal training however conditions 3 – 7 still apply.
This is an assessed course. Attendance does not guarantee passing.
Got a Question ?
Contact Paul on 078 1234 6025